Pearl is one of the oldest and universal of all gemstones. Therefore, there are many popular myths and superstitions have been strung with the pearl gemstones from centuries.
Nobody is sure whether these belief and stories about pearl stones are true or fake.
So, it is entirely up to you to either believe in these superstitious and stories or ignore it. Now, let’s talk about some of the popular beliefs and superstitions attached to the mesmerizing pearl stone.
- The first of its kind superstitious about pearl gemstone which is quite famous is that pearl stone should never be incorporated with the engagement rings because pearl represents tears and sadness.
- So, it is said that if a woman wears a large number of pearls, so, she would have to shed a large number of tears in her marriage. Therefore, a woman should never adorn pearl stone engagement ring.
- It was believed that keeping a pearl stone under the pillow helps a girl to conceive a child easily.
- Wearing pearl stone in the form of a ring will bring good health, fortune, luck and prosperity to their wearer.
- It was also believed that wearing pearl stone cures jaundice, prevents from a snake bite and insect bite.
- Since pearl gemstone is discovered from the sea. It was believed that wearing pearl gemstone prevents divers from the shark attacks.
- One other popular superstitious or believe attached with the pearl stone was that wearing this stone would forecast death, accidents and severe illness.
These are the list of some popular superstitions, myths, and beliefs attached to the natural pearl stone. However, nobody can confidently claim that whether these beliefs are true or not.
A person who believes in these superstitious might get affected by them, whereas; a person who does not believe in these beliefs might not feel anything.
For instance, in some part of the world, people state pearl gemstone as the best companion of a girl; and gifting ruby stone as an engagement ring or on the event of wedding considered lucky. So, believing these superstitious is entirely up to you!!
For Buying Natural Pearls Click Here