Facts About Pearl Stone
- Pearls are the only gemstone made by living animals.
- Every Pearl is unique and has its own imperfections.
- The oldest known pearl jewelry fragment was found in the sarcophagus of a Persian princess who died in 520 BC.
- Pearl farming is known as “Periculture.”
- Saltwater Pearls come from Oysters but Fresh Water Pearls usually come from mussels.
- Pearls get their color from inside the shell in which they are growing.
- Pearl ranges from white to gold and from purple to black.
Care & Cleaning of Pearl Stone (Moti)
Nowadays, most of us wear Cultured Pearls than the Natural Pearls. So it is necessary to handle them carefully in order to keep them in a good condition.
- Cultured Pearls are fragile and get damaged without proper care.
- Pearls are so soft and delicate which requires special care and cleaning efforts to ensure a long life of luster and beauty.
- Pearls will be always clean if you put it on after the makeup is completely done.
- Dirty Pearls can be cleaned with a mild soap and water.
- Never try harsh chemicals on Pearls to clean. And also don’t apply ultrasonic cleaner on Pearls.
- The best way to clean pearls is to wipe them with a soft damp cloth on a regular basis.